About Me

My photo
antrim, antrim, Ireland
Hello and welcome to my blog. If you like flowers and gardens, housey stuff, food and banter, then this is the place for you. I am a decorative artist, florist and maker of things. I sell painted furniture, plants and crafts, through a local retail shop, in my native Ireland, and wedding flowers from home. I am married to a lovely patient man and have a smashing little girl. I blog for the fun of it. Thank you for listening.

Friday 4 October 2013

Giftwrapping Workshop

Last night was the first of the Giftwrapping Workshops, held in Nanabelles, the shop where I have a little retail space. Kathleen, the owner, took the class and I added a little bit at the end. It was a very enjoyable evening, and I think all who came went home happy and satisfied, armed with a little more knowledge, to help tackle all those presents that need beautifying.

Sheer concentration! (Sorry Margaret, I chopped off your head!)

Empty tin can covered with a lovely printed image of deer, and wrapped with cellophane, and finished with matching tag, ribbon  and real berries.

A perfume box covered with paper, so that it can be kept.

An empty kitchen roll cardboard tube, covered with tissue paper and craft paper, homemade biscuits or sweets inside, and then wrapped with cellophane. A little wooden spoon was tied to the tag.

A printed cheque was used to wrap this little box.

'Brown paper packages, tied up with string, these are a few of my favourite things.'

Something elegant, perhaps for a gentleman friend?

On a  gardening theme.




A page taken from an unwanted children's  book. (This is my favourite!)

A map of Paris, the Eiffel tower, a love letter, and the key to my heart.

Oh I must have been in a romantic mood when making up these packages!

One for the pampered pooches. (Bonio dog biscuits, hot glued unto ribbon).

Nature's harvest.

Kathleen, showing how to wrap a basket.

For those who like a little bit of bling!
I hope you have enjoyed taking a look at some of our ideas. I found The Graphic's Fairy, a great source of inspiration, and also Martha Stewart Magazine, for free printable images. Wishing you all a fun-filled weekend, with love, Linda x

17 comments:

  1. I'd be happy with an empty box if it was wrapped like any of these......beautiful. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! Presentation can be everything - putting the time and love into the packaging makes the gift even more appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic wrapping ideas! I love the little boxes and your imaginative embellishments and tags! So many lovely ones that I can't pick a favourite :)
    Happy weekend, Linda.
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like such a fun workshop, something I would love to do. Some beautifully wrapped parcels, I love them all. Hope you have a lovely weekend xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Again a very inspirational post....love the garden and children's book theme.Thanks for sharing and have a very nice weekend! Anita xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautifully wrapped prezzies. I always love a beautifully wrapped prezzie no matter what is in it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What lovely ideas you have - all your wrappings are to be treasured. Thank you. Love Pat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely ideas - also for the season to come! Well done, Linda! Christa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Endless ideas with a personal and charming touch. I really liked all you are showing us Linda! Thank you talented ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fab class love all of those parcels xx
    Hugs Lynn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the gardening theme! wrap with love..amazing work art!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Linda, thank you for the lovely comment today....my, you gals are so creative....the examples of the gift wrapping looks very upscale and truly professional....I shall be "borrowing" several of these ideas...my favourite is the gentleman's gift and the printed cheque, but they are all lovely...N.xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful wrappings that will make the simplest gift seem extra special. I love using old sheet music too. M x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fabulous party! I would have loved participating and I need lessons. All the packages are so creative and fun. I can't pick a favorite. I might try something like this someday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am your latest follower and I'm glad I found your blog. What lovely ideas for wrapping prezzies, the unwrapping is half the fun of receiving . I will call again and do call in at the orchard sometime. Thank you for sharing your lovely post,

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fabulous party!
    Fantastic wrapping ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great thoughts you have dude... Really nice to see...Instagram will help you to promote your snaps into your instagram account and to get more followers and likes instantly..
    get instagram followers

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments.....