About Me

My photo
antrim, antrim, Ireland
Hello and welcome to my blog. If you like flowers and gardens, housey stuff, food and banter, then this is the place for you. I am a decorative artist, florist and maker of things. I sell painted furniture, plants and crafts, through a local retail shop, in my native Ireland, and wedding flowers from home. I am married to a lovely patient man and have a smashing little girl. I blog for the fun of it. Thank you for listening.

Wednesday 20 May 2015

A Spring Wedding or two

Prepared roses waiting to be arranged.
The flower girl had a little tiny posy of pink spray roses.

A comb for the flower girl's hair.

 I thought you might like to see what I have been up to in my absence. I had the great pleasure of working on Orlagh and Michael's wedding flowers in April. The bride was quietly confident in knowing what she wanted and that was roses, roses, roses. I had supplied the flowers for several of her friend's weddings, so she was relaxed with me from the start. It really was such a smooth operation from beginning to end.

I understand why some people don't care for roses, they see them as formal flowers and somewhat old fashioned yet the symbolism of the rose is very strong, it stands for love.I tend to prefer the more informal cabbage type roses, but I do love them all, and even though our garden isn't very big I can't resist the temptation to buy one or two new ones each year. I have lots of buds in the garden at the moment just waiting for the rain to stop and the sun to come out. I used to prune my roses in March but realised I was missing out on early blooming, so this year I have lots of roses blooming early and I am very excited about it.

Orlagh's beautiful bouquet of  Vendella roses (cream), Aqua roses (pink), pink spray roses and lily of the valley.

The stems simply wrapped with ivory ribbon.

Bouquets awaiting delivery.
The bridesmaid's dresses were the same shade as the deepest pink rose in their bouquets, which consisted of memory roses(dark), akito (med) and aqua (lt.)as well as snowball viburnum and pink spray roses.



My lovely niece Carina was married on Saturday to Mark, sadly we couldn't attend but here they are looking gorgeous and so happy.Congratulations to both happy couples.<3<3



Her lovely informal bouquet was designed and arranged by Escential Blooms.pictured here...


I do love a wedding. Thank you for calling in, wishing you all a rosy day, love Linda x

10 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL flowers, Linda! So wonderful that you can help make weddings all the more magical. Congratulations to your niece and her new husband!
    Hugs,
    Lin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helloooo dearest Linda!
    How cheerful is this new blog design of yours!
    You must be so busy with your shop!
    ...and the wedding season has arrived! Your designs soften the formality of the roses. So very pretty! I love the spring fresh color story.
    As always I wish you the best, my dear friend!
    Thank you for your visit and lovely comment.
    ~Lynne
    w/L

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda,
    Your wedding bouquets for your niece and her husband are gorgeous! Love all the beautiful photos!! Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs,
    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just called by to enjoy a catch up, lovely to hear from you on my blog and yes I am keeping well and busy! By the way the ink colour on your blog is barely readable not sure if you have noticed?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Linda,

    I enjoyed reading your comment! I can imagine how much fun it must be to prepare the flowers for a wedding. The bouquets look absolutely lovely and what a beautiful looking couple! Hope you and your family are well too?

    Have a good evening!

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Linda,
    Just beautiful to see Orlagh's glamorous gown and Michael's blue suit. The flowers are so delicate and beautiful. I can almost scent them.
    Thanks for sharing and have a glorious weekend
    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Flowers are some of the best things in life and it is such a pleasure to see how you have arranged them. I am having roses for my forthcoming (second) wedding too and looking forward to seeing what my flower lady has done with them. Lovely, inspiring photos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your roses are just gorgeous, Linda. Beautiful colours and perfectly arranged. Flowers give me such an amazing amount of pleasure....it must be great to be working with them all the time :)
    Happy week.
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really nice dear and I was also looking for ideas for spring wedding reception party, because it’s the most beautiful season to get married and your wedding ideas are very nice; I will use one of them for my wedding at wedding venues Los Angeles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Curtis, thank you for visiting and for your kind remarks. Spring is indeed a wonderful time to get married, and I think the Spring flowers are the prettiest of all.Linda x

      Delete

I love to hear your comments.....