About Me

My photo
antrim, antrim, Ireland
Hello and welcome to my blog. If you like flowers and gardens, housey stuff, food and banter, then this is the place for you. I am a decorative artist, florist and maker of things. I sell painted furniture, plants and crafts, through a local retail shop, in my native Ireland, and wedding flowers from home. I am married to a lovely patient man and have a smashing little girl. I blog for the fun of it. Thank you for listening.

Wednesday 14 January 2015

I'm not dead!

No I am very much alive and glad to be back here in my little corner of blogland. I can't really say where I've been or why I didn't choose to post, I suppose I just needed a break. Sometime's you simply cannot 'do it all.'

I hope I am not too late to wish you all a very Happy New Year, filled with good things. At the end of last year I was very busy with all my 'crafty makings and doings', here are a few pictures to show you what I got up to.







Flower arranging, and drinking a little gin (well I needed the bottle). Furniture painting, and more furniture painting. Christmas decoration making, bag and brooch making, doll making, hat and scarf making, fabric designing, one-off orders and designs. Can you see my problem......too much variety. I like variety, it is the spice of life, but really come on. No wonder when it gets to Christmas I am worn out.










This year I mean to simplify.....everything, my work, my home, myself. How about you, what are your thoughts on 'doing it all', do you try to, or have you learned your lesson? I would love to know your thoughts on it.
So glad to be back among the living, wishing you all a very calm and simple weekend, love Linda x.


11 comments:

  1. Wow, you have wonderful things to show for your time. And many of them!!! I am impressed as always with your talent.
    I haven't been blogging much either and am slowing down for sure. I stay very busy with family, friends and keeping my home and garden. I dearly love to visit everyone but it could be a full time job as you know.
    I have decided to do what I can when I can and not beat up on myself. No one can do it all.
    It was great to hear from you. You really have the gift with flower design.I am going back to scroll through your post again. Happy New Year to you also. Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling Linda,

    Well, we are very glad indeed that you are very much alive.

    Gosh, just reading this post has exhausted us. No wonder you have been absent from Blogland. We should need to lie down in a darkened room for weeks if we had experienced anything like your level of activity.

    Simplifying things is not really in our natures. We tend to be the last of the maximalists. We are of the More is More and Even More is Even Better Brigade. There is, of course, no hope for us.

    We love all of your handmades. The flower arrangements are so very elegant and stylish. No wonder you are in demand.

    Wishing you every joy, peace and success for 2015 and beyond. Do keep popping in to Blogland to let us know how you are getting on!

    Love from us both, J and L xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you are really very creative and haha, your are still alive. Well, we know now why you were not blogging. You created so many lovely things and sipping gin to empty the bottle, haha.
    Wish you all the best for 2015, we are looking forward to your news.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marvellous makes ... you have been busy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year, Linda!

    You've been making the most amazing things! Everything you create turns out beautifully. To be honest, I don't know how someone can choose just one thing and stick with it. I LOVE variety and the challenges of learning how to do new things. :)

    Hugs,
    Lin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Linda

    Your creativity and the variety astonishes me. Is there no wonder you have no time for blogging. It looks like you are having fun.
    We have downsized in the past year and there has been lots of purging and hopefully now we have only what is useful or beautiful.

    Have a very Happy New Year

    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're very creative so I can understand you've not had any time for blogging especially during the recent busy season at the end of last year. Wishing you a happy new year whatever you plan to do in the coming months. At the moment I'm not blogging so much because of family commitments, taking one day at a time, although hopefully we'll get to Italy again in a month or two and I'll have more to blog about.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Linda,

    Welcome back! Happy to hear and read that you are alive and kicking! Thank you for your kind comment on my blog too and well wishes.

    Your flower arrangements are beautiful! Lucky you to be working with flowers so often.

    As a vintage lover (and buyer) I am not that much into simplifying, but I wish you good luck! I know it can make you feel a lot better.

    Happy weekend!

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome back, Linda! Your decorations are all beautiful, such gorgeous flower arrangements. Good luck with the simplifying ........I am trying to do that too:)
    Happy week.
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. everything perfectly beautiful as ever, and Florence loves her cute pink hat and scarf! I am not planning to simplify this year, maybe declutter a bit and make more time for all the things i want to do!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I too have had a break from blogging, so I feel a kindred spirit when reading your post. I love the things you have made and am very glad to see you back again. Jane xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments.....