About Me

My photo
antrim, antrim, Ireland
Hello and welcome to my blog. If you like flowers and gardens, housey stuff, food and banter, then this is the place for you. I am a decorative artist, florist and maker of things. I sell painted furniture, plants and crafts, through a local retail shop, in my native Ireland, and wedding flowers from home. I am married to a lovely patient man and have a smashing little girl. I blog for the fun of it. Thank you for listening.

Friday 18 February 2011

universal symbols


hearts via tumblrvia tumblr






star cupboard knob via willow and stonevia willow and stone




stars and circles via tumblrvia tumblr

Check out this wonderful website Bliss & Bloom, they have gorgeous things for the home at sensible prices. Combined with friendly and efficient service, it is a real WINNER!Bliss & Bloom







I turned on my computer this morning to write a new post. I didn't know what I was going to write about until I looked at my screensaver, it is a lovely photograph of some sparkly stars. I got to thinking about stars and why I love them so much. Then I thought about hearts and circles, all these very basic shapes are precious to me. Then it dawned on me, you see these shapes, everywhere in every country and culture, they are symbolic and mean something. Hearts the symbol of love, stars symbolic of heaven or of a higher being, the circle symbolizing the full circle of life, birth, marriage, death. It's no wonder these simple things are so important to us, and I thought it was to do with fashion! Silly me!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Linda,

    Many thanks for your comment on my post! I have just been lusting after your header picture!!!!!!

    I planted the peonies at the weekend and hope they take, although, I have the death touch with plants so it may be in vain, but I have been wanting peonies in my garden for a very long time! Hope I can wait 3 years! ha ha!

    Have a lovely day!

    Vanessa xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda,
    I love hearts so seeing this post was eye candy!
    Thanks for the share, hope you have a good weekend! Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda,

    Thanks for your comment on my post! You chose some beautiful photographs to put on your blog. Because it's rainy and wet in Holland I like the red ones with the hearts on it the best. They look so cheerful!

    Happy weekend!

    Lieve groet, Madelief

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda,
    I don't sell on line yet...should do apparently...if you would like a boot please email or ring me and I can post it out. (details on website)
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments.....