About Me

My photo
antrim, antrim, Ireland
Hello and welcome to my blog. If you like flowers and gardens, housey stuff, food and banter, then this is the place for you. I am a decorative artist, florist and maker of things. I sell painted furniture, plants and crafts, through a local retail shop, in my native Ireland, and wedding flowers from home. I am married to a lovely patient man and have a smashing little girl. I blog for the fun of it. Thank you for listening.

Tuesday 21 May 2013

It's the simple things in life....


On my way to the shop  I walked through the park and couldn't resist taking a couple of snaps, the cowparsley and bluebells were drawing me in!


Toadflax in a crack in the wall...I love it, I love the name of it! It seems very English to me, but it's probably not.




I painted some terracotta pots and planted them out, for the shop.



My hubby planted some salad leaves a while ago and they are ready to eat, don't they look good?
You can't beat a walk in the park, a session in the garden or some home produced goodies...it's the simple things in life that please me.

Many thanks my dear readers for all your lovely comments on my last post. I will have some more things to show you soon, but didn't want to go on too much about the shop this week. All is going well, and I have another Furniture Painting Workshop this Friday, so it's pretty hectic around here...but there is still time to smell the lettuce! I wish you all a very happy and productive week, and I look forward to catching up with you all. Love Linda xx

5 comments:

  1. Toadflax...is that what it is called? I was pulling weeds out of our stone wall this afternoon but left this as it looked so delicately pretty. Thanks for the name
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post, Linda. I love all those same simple things too. Your painted pots look wonderful! I would love to have them in my garden, near my own potting shed....love the soft colours and the dots and painted word...you are a very creative lady! Good luck with the painting workshop, and have a great week!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning! I was out, walking in the woods, yesterday and I, too, took photos of a "blue" countryside. The woods near Blickling Hall were totally blue, with a bright little pink flower, here and there! So much beauty, It mede feel really happy! You are right: life is made of little things, little moments which bring happiness!

    I love your pots and all the little things you make and do. It must be an exciting time for you!
    Toadflax is not just British: it even grows on the ancient walls of Pompeii and is very, very pretty!

    Keep up the good work! I love your herbs!

    CIAO!

    ANNA
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Linda,

    I have been so busy lately that I did not find the time to leave comments. So sorry I am late leaving them! Just had a look your photo's of the Potting Shed. It all looks lovely Linda! It's light, cosy and you sell beautiful things. Love the window display too! I hope your new venture will be a huge success!

    Happy weekend!

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
  5. As I've got older I find it is the simple things in life that give the most pleasure, and your lovely photos of the park confirm that - all so pretty and just there to be enjoyed. I love the painted pots too, so simple and elegant.
    The salad leaves look so healthy and ready for eating, we're a little more behind with ours!
    Hope the weather is good for you again this weekend,
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments.....